Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Mail

Another mixed media artist was so sweet to send me some clip art from the 1950s, so I'm sending her some treats in the mail. I hope she likes them. This is the back of the envelope. What I send is mostly vintage papers like pages from old ledgers, old game pieces, and such.

If anyone wonders what is in "happy mail," here is one I received from Nicole Maki (click on her name to visit her blog). There are many hand printed papers in this collection...yea! I am happy about that. I've been admiring papers people print themselves using a gelli plate, but I haven't tried it, so I'm very glad to have some to use. She also made her own envelope from a Beatles poster. I'll be using parts of that in a page this week. She has an altered playing card in there, and some paper printed in another language. Good stuff I can work into collages!

No comments: