Thursday, September 22, 2005

Something "Dad"



Ahh, poor dad. There are so many ways this is unflattering...starting with those lips. Believe it or not I'm pretty excited about this drawing because even though it does not look like Dad---it does look human! That's a good thing! As you can see he is actually a pretty good looking guy.

He is also a wonderful man. He spent his career directing centers for the developmentally disabled...and making a difference in the quality of life for so many. At home we kids always knew that when the chips were down we could count on Dad to be cool headed and in our corner. And we always knew when the relatives from NC were calling...because they would ask for Bobby Lee!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely tribute to your dad. Nice linework!

Clare said...

Hi, I had a chuckle to myself when you said you were 'excited' by the way your drawing looked 'human', I did a portrait of my Dad for Fathers day and it was my very first drawing of a person that actualy looked like that person. I was excited for over a week!! Must say I still am.....Some would say "Get a Life, Clare". Dad was wrapt in it. Your Blog and latest drawings are so good!!!

Anonymous said...

I felt so accomplished when I finally drew a hand that looked like a hand. This is so very nice and loving. Your drawings really good - lots of talent here!

pedalpower said...

Oh thank you for your comments...you all are so encouraging. Makes me want to keep going.

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

I do like this and I don't think your father would mind a bit. How many would take the time to draw there Dad and really take the time to look and capture his features on paper? Bravo!

Cin said...

very nice, and agree, like your line work!

(also, noticed that the link you posted for this EDM assignment was just the link to your blog. Did you know that the "permanent" link address to just this particular post can be found when you click on the time posted?)

Lindsay said...

you have a really convincing weight to his body and the clothing is really well done. I like the face too. Honest lines.