Thursday, March 06, 2014

Documented Life Prompt: What makes me me?

This week's prompt was "What makes you you?" I'm  work in progress and so that's how I started this page.
 Drawing a caterpillar on an old book page...used a little pencil first to make sure I got him about the right size to fit on the page later.
Extreme caterpillar closeup. 

This is moving along, at a snail's pace, because I'm not sure what I want to write. I knew I wanted to approach it from the idea of being a work in progress, and changing, hence the caterpillar to butterfly. I think many of us can relate to the hopeful idea that we can go from where we are, and grow and improve ourselves. Sometimes we might even have to hide in a cocoon for a while along the way!  As usual, I read a lot when looking for images to draw, and have learned from this article in Scientific American this amazing bit about how the metamorphosis happens.

Here it is all done (I think). I wanted to mostly think about what makes me me, in a positive fashion....and a few of the things I try to work on and do better.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce: This page is beautiful - your drawing, your words and especially the way you inter-played the beautiful scripture - I love it !!!!!
I'm new to your blog and enjoy it very much : ) thank you for all your heartfelt sharing : )
Blessings, Sandra in AZ : )

pedalpower said...

Sandra, I'm so glad you like the blog and the artwork. Thank you so much for your nice comment!