Sunday, March 30, 2014

Do you suppose she's a wildflower?

I've been enjoying doing some backgrounds the way Rae Missigman shows on her blog...the 15 minute background. It's quick and fun...you can just let loose and work fast. It makes it easy to experiment with colors that you might not use much too. Here is the background I made tonight in less than 15 minutes. I started on a page that I'd taken notes on, so it already had a layer of interest. Then I layered on the paint.
Now, dolling it up, takes a bit longer. I took it to the couch and doodled on it some while I watched TV. Then I got some papers out. The girl on the bicycle is from a candle advertisement that my neighbor saved for me. I love that people are starting to save interesting papers for me! I had a dictionary with the word "foxglove" on it, so I drew a foxglove on the page and glued it in too. More doodling and a quote from Alice in Wonderland, and I had a page I really like. Sorry for the glare..I might take a new pic when I have daylight.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Pretty color pallet. I need to sketch more. Yours turned out lovely. Creative Blessings!

Bridget said...

I love this.