Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Art Journal Cover

Today is my Sunday, so I am cleaning house and working on some art projects...so I'm cleaning and making a mess at the same time! There are a group of artists who are involved in a "Pay It Forward" movement, and I'm making this journal to send to them. They are providing patients at a rehab clinic journals for an art therapy program at the center. It gives me practice and does some good at the same time.  This one is all painted up, and ready for some doodling in black and white ink. I'm loving the orange and green.

Here it is all done. I think I liked it better before I took the pens to it. Oh well, live and learn.


It started out plain black. Here are a couple of pics of it in earlier stages:

The yellow paper is old ledger paper washed with thinned yellow acrylic paint. The orange is a beautiful napkin that someone sent me in "happy mail."

2 comments:

Patti Campbell said...

The journal is beautiful and so is what you are doing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce: your cover art is soo cool - I love it !!! Thank you for sharing your beginning to end process, I love to see how a spread evolves - thank you. I think the white ink adds soooo much to a page - it's my new fun expression in my journals cause it's new to me : )
Blessings, Sandra in AZ : )