Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Route Beer and Left Field Louie

 May 3rd's Every Day in May prompt was "draw a hammer," so I drew a jackhammer. Left Field Louie is a muffler man who used to sit at Silver Cross Field on Route 66 in Joliet. Every time the Jackhammer's hit a home run, he would emit the sounds and smoke of a jackhammer, complete with strobe lights. I think it sounds like a fun addition to the game! The team was sold though, and renamed "The Slammers."  Left Field Louie was not part of the deal, so he is in storage somewhere in Illinois.
This is a delicious root beer I sell in my shop, Home Again on Route 66. It's made with cane sugar and perfect on a hot road trip.  May 25th's prompt was to draw something in a glass container. This empty Route (66) Beer bottle sits on my cash register with a plant cutting in it.

All of these are drawn on old index cards that I got in an auction box in the Route 66 town of Odell. I painted the cards up with gelli prints, and the drawings are made on the paper bags I use at the shop...many of them are drawn at the shop, if I have time.

No comments: