Thursday, May 05, 2016

Route 66, Neon, and Bibles....

 I've been working on making a neon sign....well, a drawing of one. I'm finding I love working with colored pencils in the Bible. The colors can be so rich and smooth.
 This is John 8:12. "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
I'm also trying to do Everyday in May.  If you haven't heard of that, it's an idea created by French Toast Girl, to draw or do something creative every day in the month of May. I've never managed to do all the days, but I'm jumping in. I'm going to catch up with the last 4 days, if I can. I'm following the prompts from the Everyday in May facebook group, but I'm also putting a Route 66 spin on them. The prompt for May 1 was to draw a toy. I bought several of these little toy Volkswagen Beetles to paint up. I'm giving them a bit of 66 and a bit of hippie vibe.

I've put them on those index cards I gelli printed in the last post. I inked up the edges with black ink, and for now, I'm keeping them on rings.

No comments: