Sunday, November 09, 2014

Journal Cover 2015..in process...

I went to bed early so I could get up early to meet friends for breakfast and not be tired, but I could not sleep for the life of me. So I got up and smeared some paint around. I guess I'll just go to breakfast tired, but it won't be the first time.

I couldn't figure out what colors to use. All the sudden I was freezing up about it, so I decided to use some new greens and yellows I bought today. And some of my favorite blue. I can see looking at this that I've obliterated much of the blue on the left side, but I can fix that later. Whenever I'm at this stage, I wonder if I've just made a mess of it, but usually later it works itself out as I start drawing on it. We shall see! If not, gesso can usually save the day and give it a fresh start! I think it looks summery and sunny. I like that.
 Ok...now I'm starting to see it. I might end up liking this after all! Pretty sure there might be a bicycle on this year's cover too. Why not? Bikes are happy, active things, and I like to draw them.

This post reads much like this meme:

No comments: