Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Drawing Video...Tommy Kane at Work

Danny Gregory and his son Jack Tea Gregory have made another interesting drawing video. This time they have featured one of my favorite sketch artists, Tommy Kane. I've been a long time admirer of Tommy's detailed sketches. As I watched this I noticed that he creates his drawings rather like I do...he seems to start with some area that interests him and build out from there. He also seems to jump right in with the ink pen too. He has much more patience than I do though, and often will spend hours detailing his drawings. His drawings are full of life and carry such a feel for the places he sketches. I hope Danny and Jack will be making many more videos...it's facinating to watch!
Red Hook - a film about Tommy Kane from DannyGregory on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Miranda Costa said...

Thanks for sharing the video post. It's really interesting seeing other people's drawing approaches and styles in action. Thanks!

Yvonne said...

I LOVE Danny Gregory's style, but hadn't heard of Tommy Kane before - awesome!! Thanks for sharing, just what I needed today! Although admittedly, sometimes it makes me feel like such an amateur, watching these Great People create... Practise & Keep going though, right?! :)

pedalpower said...

Oh but aren't they just so inspiring? Makes me want to keep drawing.

Yvonne said...

oh, absolutely!! Luckily, it's so much fun :)