Saturday, February 19, 2011

Journaling gets some love at the Oscars

Another recent attempt at people. I like this one better. I am working from photos for these. Sometimes they are from my own photo and sometimes it's from one I found on the web. The main thing I'm looking for is a pose that I'd like to try.

I saw this video on Danny Gregory's blog....it's the sketchbook of a traveler to Madagascar...come to life. It's amazing and is nominated for an Oscar in the category of "Best Animated Short Film." Directed by Bastien Dubois. It's worth the time to view it!

3 comments:

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

I like this drawing,and just like you I search for different poses (I love watching people dance and moving around and I try to draw that). The movie is so well made, love all the different styles and the story line is good.

noeste said...

It's a very good attempt! You've managed something I'm very interested in myself at the moment; you're not simply drawing a person, but also expressing a mood and telling a story of emotions with your lines.

No shame in working from photos, we can't all afford live models, can we ^^

Either way, I hope to see more along these lines here in the future!

kate moon said...

just googled daily drawing...inspired by your work,fresh and personal!
I love how you share the process.I also enjoyed danny gregory's film so much.