Friday, February 18, 2011

Alone Time

I've friends who say they never like to be alone. I love being with my friends, but I'm one of those who needs that alone time. Good thing too, because not many people would want to hang around while I draw. It's mostly a pleasant pastime, but it takes a while and it occasionally involves cursing.

I'm still trying to draw people. Some days it seems to click and some it doesn't. I just keep plugging along and figure one of these days, I will have drawn enough people that it will come easier. Practice really does pay off! Some of the things I'm realizing:
  • that I tend to leave the back of peoples heads not deep enough to house a brain
  • and that feet and hands are almost always bigger than you think. 
I may still work on this page some more, but that will have to wait for another day. I'm off to go outside and enjoy this weather!

3 comments:

Jennifer Devine said...

This is pretty Joyce!

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Very nice... And I can relate to the "me time and alone time", its a must or I can get pretty moody.

Jacki Carr said...

Hello Joyce,
I love the image. Could I use it for one of my blog posts with a photo credit to you: http://jackicarr.com/alone-time/

See link and let me know. I am happy to remove.

Best,
Jacki Carr
www.jackicarr.com