Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Vintage Treasures

In our family we are big into reusing old stuff. Not only is it great on the pocketbook, but you get a home that doesn't look straight out of a catalog page....more interesting in my opinion. Sometimes the stuff needs a little fixing up. My dad has to rewire almost every old lamp we find, and lots of times I end up waxing or painting something before I can use it. This drawing is of a couple of vintage treasures from my mom's living room and mine.

11 comments:

hfm said...

I love to restaure things and I would love to draw as you do!

Anonymous said...

Great sketch! Love your style.

Joanne said...

Nice! I love the lamp. And the texture on the arms of the chair is great. I can feel the fabric.

Anonymous said...

Very well done. The chair looks so cosy, I'd love to have one like that!

Jana Bouc said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog today and seeing all the pictures. I really like this one and the ones of the wonderful poodle. The background on your calendar is really neat too. I love your style!

seesue said...

Love your chair (or mom and dad's chair), your lovely lamp and your homestyle.

Nina Johansson said...

Funny thing, I have a lamp just like yours, and I drew it in my sketchbook about a week ago! :-)
Love your drawings.

Making A Mark said...

Lovely drawings - and great furniture!

pedalpower said...

Thank you!
Nina that's so funny about the lamp!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Again, this is really great. I love the way you use the whole page, much more than a drawing - a little slice of life.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Your blog is wonderful! You've inspired me to start sketching more often, hopefully everyday. Would love to know more about the EDM challenge! :) Marva