Friday, February 12, 2016

FOCUS...


The last few years I've picked a word to focus on that year. This year I'm focusing on focusing! For a woman who no longer has kids at home, I still feel like I'm juggling a lot of balls in the air. I've been working on growing my business, traveling affordably, fixing up my home and garden, using my resources well, spending time with family and friends, and oh yes....cuddling my new grandbaby.

Lately I've started and stopped on my artwork, throwing out things that were a mess, and painting over canvases that I wasn't pleased with...until I kind of stopped and instead threw myself into the holidays. So...I decided to do Journal 52 as a way to focus and get my arty mojo back. The first week's prompt was to pick a word for the year.

So my word is FOCUS. The verse that goes with it is one of my favorites: 2 Timothy 1:7. "for God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love, and self control."

What a great Spirit to have!

No comments: