Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Documented Life ...Layers...Don't stop til you get enough.

 
 I wish I had a picture of how this page started...it was a page I'd started earlier and hated. In this photo I'd already used some gesso and paint to block out some of the ugly. The leaves on the edge were cut from magazine pages, and I just couldn't get them to work either. This week's Documented Life prompt was to use lots of layers (don't stop till you get enough!).
Added some yellow and pink...because those colors make me happy. And a bit of blue to repeat.
Here I got out the black and white pens and started doodling.
A bit more pink paint to block out some parts I didn't like, plus added some happy words. It's kind of a happy page now. Keeping going with the layers did help fix it up enough to make make me want to keep it. I think the page facing it will have a calendar. I'm missing having the calendar/journaling aspect of "documented life."

If you are interested in following along with the Documented Life Project prompts, you can  join the fun at: Documented Life Project 2015

1 comment:

anna said...

Joyce, I love your post! You made a gorgeous piece of art! I see mixed media like and wonder where it started from! Thanks for sharing! :) :)