Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Route 66 in Texas...

More borders. This is a border I use a lot in my journals. Mindless and fun to do while watching the political debates.


Now I have to decide what these panels are about...yes, I work pretty spontaneously on these.  I like to do it that way, because the idea is to have the same feel as my travel journals, which are very much "on the spot" and contain drawings and journaling that is all freehand...usually straight to ink with no penciling in. It makes for wonky, fun drawings. I've decided to make this panel with Texas sights.

In my job as an antique dealer I have access to lots of old books, maps, and print items to use! Sometimes I use a bit of gesso to knock the print farther into the background. 

I love the old neon signs and unusual advertising gimmicks on Route 66. They often show up in my drawings.


No comments: