Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pohoiki Warm Pond

I almost scrapped this one, but saved it because I started drawing it on site. It's a record of my day, and a pretty nice day at that......any day by the water in the sun has a darn good start. The ocean is just feet away, but this little pond (heated from underground) is tucked up under the ivy and trees.  I get self-conscious when people watch me (they were) and was trying to draw all those rocks without really taking the time to truly see them as they are. Anyway, I wish you could see how beautiful this little spot truly is.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

no amount of art or print can really capture a place. you're blessed to have seen it and experienced it. :)

pedalpower said...

Oh you are certainly right about that, and I'm so glad I am. I just wish I knew how to capture it.

Lynn Cohen said...

I love your journal drawings. wonderful stuff here. I will be back.

Unknown said...

Lovely little spot. I never had time to jump in though. (Long Story)... Happy Day.