Thursday, June 02, 2011

Travel Journal

...without the journal. This one is to hang on the wall.
That little strip of color is a piece torn from the paper I lay my journals on to paint the backgrounds. I like the way the paint builds up on them, so I save them.

Stamp, stamp, stamp....

Found a clock face that says "Illinois."

When I'm sure I'm through fooling around with this, I'll give it many coats of acrylic poly in a satin finish. I like the depth it gives and how it brings out the colors. I share my work online, and I've gotten more comfortable with that, but I was a little intimidated about doing something that will not get shut in a book...but hey, you have to step out of your comfort zone to stretch, right?

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I think you are so talented! I love the journals and things you paint and draw in a book, but I would also like to see you do more things that can be displayed for all to enjoy. :)

pet portraits said...

Wow, that's so creative! The clock is my favorite part. So nice, great work!

Christie said...

You are not only talented, but prolific, too! What an inspiration.

Terry Banderas said...

I like it!