Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Challenge #51 Draw your TV and Favorite Show



I wish I had left some room on my page to journal, but I got carried away with this interior thing! This is another view of our family room/kitchen. We live in this room-fireplace, computer, TV, fridge, what more could you want? This TV slides out and angles so I can see it while I am cooking. When we aren't using it it hides behind a roll-down door. Tonite it is very cold and after Joe and I went for a walk I built a fire to draw by. That big pillow on the lower left is Louie's dog bed.

Playing on the TV is one of just about any show on HGTV. I love the shows like Design on a Dime and Decorating Cents that show great looking homes on a budget. And Divine Design...Candice can come decorate at my house anytime! For a long time we went down to basic cable and I did not miss much except HGTV. Thank goodness for football....that is the reason Joe wanted the extra cannels around New Years.

12 comments:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

What a warm inviting room....good job

Terri said...

Joyce this is wonderful! The room looks so cozy and inviting. I think you did a terrific job with this. I was so absorbed in looking at everything, I very nearly forgot to check out your tv!!

Lindsay said...

HOw cozy your home looks. Lovely interior.
Did you see we are doing a crawl in Chicago Feb4? Wanna come?

Lin said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ROOM AND INCREDIBLY WELL-DONE VIA SKETCH!!! MERCY HOW DIFFICULT THIS MUST HAVE BEEN - BUT YOU'VE DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I really enjoyed looking at your pictures having followed your link from everyday matters. I found it very interesting because you describe the objects you have drawn and show what they mean to you. Keeping things going and adapting things. Brilliant.
Michele

pedalpower said...

Oh wow, you all are so encouraging! I love knowing so many others who love drawing!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Great illustration of your room and tv. HGTV is such a great show, you gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

Very good job on this, very intricate line work.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

Anonymous said...

Fantastic interior illu - such a bold and confident drawing!
Bravo.

E

Clare said...

Joyce, I am enjoying your interiors, they are so beautifully done, very inspirational.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this one is so fantastic!! I've worked my way up from your first interior at the dentist's office to this one and I am SO impressed! Congratulations on a gorgeous series of sketches!!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Wow, this is brilliant - I love these line drawings here in your archives. The one of your daughter at the computer is really good too, as is the fridge. This room looks stunning - very inviting indeed.