Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Documented Life...Self Portrait


Here is my self portrait for The Documented Life Project. I like how it turned out, though it doesn't look just like me, and looked less like me before a little surgery to the drawing. But hey, it's more practice!

Here is the picture I worked with, and my sketch. Now when I step back I can see that my eyes in the photo are rounder and my face fuller...and the mouth is way off. Little things can change the whole expression on a face.

After I painted it I covered the mouth and thought I liked the top half of the picture. So I ripped off the bottom part, and collaged the part I like with some underpaper (the paper that catches my drips and all when I'm working) and tape and bits of the border.

I'll have another go at this someday. I'm pinched for time these days, so this works for me for now. Another day, another drawing! Today I'll be working on a drawing of Lou Mitchell's Restaurant in Chicago.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

The eyes aren't exactly like yours, but they are beautiful! You did a fantastic job on them!

pedalpower said...

Thank you Peggy. Yes, my eyes are much rounder. I guess I have manga eyes!

Linda said...

How lovely! :)