Sunday, August 16, 2015

Traveling....

Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.   ~Joshua 1:9

A few years ago, I got divorced after almost 30 years of marriage. I sometimes went on trips by myself or with the kids when I was married, but found that I felt leery of traveling by myself after the divorce...like I was truly out there on my own, without a safety net. But of course my net is God, and also the good sense and skills he gave me. So, I'm continuing to travel when I can....trying to be brave like the verse says.
That is me, and my dog, and the little camper I hope to have one day. Part of what makes this fun and meaningful for me is to personalize it....with sketches of things from my home and life and dreams.

Now I have traveled many miles in my car to the lake, to see Jeff in Arkansas, to my cousin's house in Florida. I've even traveled by plane a few times. Many times I'm by myself, and other times I'm with a friend or one of my sisters, or my mother.  I'm making progress!

No comments: