Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hawaii Bound


Have you ever just felt drawn to a place? I have. I feel drawn to Michigan, where I grew up spending my summers, and I try to go back as often as possible. I never expected to feel drawn to Hawaii, even though my sister and I were born there. I just thought it was a beautiful place I hoped to get to see one day. Then, when I had the opportunity to visit there in 2009, I was struck by how that place spoke to me. I thought I was a lake girl, but now I know I'm an ocean girl as well. I know you probably wonder when I'll stop working from pictures from those trips. The answer might be "never."

My sister, Holly, and I are going to Hawaii soon. Both of us have had a rough year, and this trip seems like a good way to get away from it all and an opportunity to soak up the aloha of the islands. Since I will be staying a while, I hope to do some drawing and art journaling, and maybe even try to sell some artwork.
One of these days, I'll have to do a post about traveling to Hawaii on a budget. Not that I know how to do it for free or anything (haven't figured that one out yet!), but there are ways to make it cheaper than most people generally do.
I can't promise to blog everyday. I learned a long time ago, that that is a hard promise to keep. I'll definitely be posting some pictures though, and I'll try to post the good, the bad, and the ugly...whatever I draw while I'm there.

3 comments:

Ytlyntys said...

Wow, that is beautiful!

Trerv said...

I friggin' LOVE this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Spectacular views! Be there ...


We cordially invite you to my blog http://artwashes.blogspot.com/