Friday, April 24, 2009

Drawing in Hawaii


A little sketch-in-progress

Chick lit and drawing in Hawaii....I'm a happy camper! I'm loving every minute of it, but I haven't had time to draw much at all. Hopefully I will remedy that before I have to go home. First I was exploring the island of Hawaii with my husband. Now my parents are here and I'm running around with them. We're having a grand time! We just decided to extend our stay, so I'm hoping to get away couple of times to do some sketching. I'm not fast, and folks naturally don't want to sit around while I do my thing.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

A lovely sketch; I like the different greens you have used.

Shannon said...

hey joyce
i was trying to find your phone number but can't, all i knew was how to reach you through your blog.

we are doing "fiberglass dog" for our summer project. the city bought 12 dogs (various) so we want to know if you are interested in painting, glueing, doing something to one of them.

dogs can be picked up anytime on monday (april 27th) at ed and joan's house.

could you please email me and let me know if you are interested? hope to see you soon.

shannon v.
slvincent@verizon.net

Felicity Grace said...

Wow, lucky you! I'm looking forward to the sketches, you'll have no shortage of inspiration there!

Teri said...

I just got back from Maui and did lots of quick sketches. Seems to be the best way to do it when with other people.

I was in Hawai'i two years ago and I know how much fun you are having!

Margaret Ann said...

Pure Bliss! :)