Thursday, February 15, 2007

Baa Baa

These sheep belong to Sandy Ryan. She bought something from me on Etsy and through email, I discovered her wonderful business Homestead Farm. She and her husband have lots animals including sheep....and they sell the most beautiful wool from their sheep. Many of their animals are rescued animals and they are lucky to live out their lives at Homestead Farm. If you knit or craft with wool you will want to check out their site.

Yesterday, I started drawing from photos on their site. I started with Mina, the large sheep in the center. As I kept drawing more sheep, I think I started to get a better feel for capturing their sweet faces.

I think we'll call this one for Everyday Matters challenge #44:draw an animal.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Great and fun sketches!! Love them.

Laureline said...

How wonderful!I love drawing animals, too. I spent the whole month of August last year drawing animals at local farms. So glad to see you back at the drawing board.

Anonymous said...

Great page with all those different views. They sure do look wooly!

laserone_ said...

Oh, what wonderful sheep! Keep up the good work. :) EDM is fun, isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable animals, Joyce. Like Laura, I'm happy to see you drawing again

pedalpower said...

Thanks! I'm glad to be back at it too!