Wednesday, May 20, 2020

In His Own Words


I drew this several days ago and added lots of quotes from President Trump since the virus came to the USA. Or at least since we've known it's here. I try to always listen to him whenever he speaks, hard as it is with his rambling style, because I can decide what I think instead of relying on a recap by the news.  As much as he complains about the press, all of the press actually makes him sound more concise in their effort to distill the main points of his speech.

When I draw political or religious or social leaders, I like to put their words around them rather than my opinion, though on some pages when I'm trying to sort something out, I might journal in written form about what's going on in the news.

This is not a political blog, but journaling is about recording life, and politics is part of that, for better and for worse. So, even if you don't agree with my take on something, it's no matter....do pages with your take. That's what journaling is all about.

1 comment:

Laura Frankstone said...

Great post! I admire your practice of showing the words of the speakers you picture. You've been making lots of beautiful work in your journal and elsewhere. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. That means a lot to us, doesn't it?