Thursday, May 25, 2017

Hairstylist's Prayer

I have been without a computer for a while, so I have not posted in a long time. I have a lot of things to catch up on, but I'll start with the most recent.

I have a friend who needed gifts for friends who are hairstylists. He provided me with this poem and the main color to use in each, and I created these canvases.
 This one is acrylic paint, water-soluble graphite, water-based Sharpie. He asked that I use the color orange, and otherwise to do what ever I like. I've been enjoying drawing faces lately, so I went with that.

 This one is acrylic paint collaged with papers printed on a gelli plate, and Sharpie water-based marker, and water-soluble graphite pencil, and India ink.
It was fun to create two very different pieces with the same theme and the same poem.

No comments: